Results of the Recount
Prior to certification the Board resolved two tie votes by the flip of a coin. The results of the Official Results were certified. An automatic recount was ordered as required. The results of the recount were identical to the Official results. The declared winners chosen by Lot are the elected candidates.
If more than the number of candidates to be elected to an office received the largest and an equal number of votes, such tie shall be resolved by lot by the chairman of the board in the presence of a majority of the members of the board. Such declaration shall be in writing and shall be signed by at least a majority of the members of the board. – ORC 3505.33
- Pearl J. Ward is the Declared Winning Candidate (19 votes)
- Pamela A. Jennings is the Declared Losing Candidate (19 votes)
- Sylvan Essick is the Declared Winning Candidate (25 votes)
- Temple Patton is the Declared Losing Candidate (25 votes)
Two Recounts to be held Wed May 30, 2018 @8:30 AM
Official Declared Winners In Tied Vote Races – May 8, 2018
(Chosen by Lot as required by Directive)
UOCAVA Notice – Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot
There are no anticipated issues or candidates for the August Special Election.
Results of the Shawnee Township Trustee Recount
- Dave Belton – Recount Results 1,854 votes (elected)
When the election was certified November 27, 2017 Dave Belton had received 1,855 votes.
- Russell E. Holly – Recount Results 1,837 votes
When the election was certified November 27, 2017 Russell E. Holly had received 1,838 votes.
For Immediate Release
Pursuant to R.C. 3515.03 this notice is to advise you of the time and place and method of recounting ballots cast in Allen County Ohio in the November 7, 2017 General Election.
Recount of Shawnee Township Trustee Election
- Clark A. Spieles – Elected
- Dave Belton – Declared winning candidate
- Russell E. Holly – Declared defeated candidate
A hand recount of votes cast for Dave Belton (the declared winning candidate) and Russell E. Holly (the declared defeated candidate) will commence on Thursday December 7, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in the offices of the Allen County Board of Elections located on the lower level of Third District Court of Appeals Building, 204 N. Main Street, Lima, Ohio.