A GENERAL ELECTION Will Be Held TUESDAY, November 6, 2018
All 88 precincts will be open. Click here to find your polling location.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE is Tuesday October 9, 2018
ABSENTEE VOTING BEGINS Wednesday October 10, 2018
Candidates & Issues Lists
UOCAVA Notice – Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
- STATE ISSUE 1 – Ballot Language and information
- List of Offices & Candidates
- List of Local Issues filed
(Auditor’s Levy Estimates: Click to check)
- Local Issues Advertising
- 2018 List of Open Offices and Filing Deadlines
- Current List of Elected Officials
- Elected Officials (CSV File)
(Links will be active when they are available)
- Search To See My Ballot: This button will only work when ballots are ready (approximately 45 days prior to the election. Click on the button to the right. Then Enter your name, click on submit button on that page. Verify that the registered address is correct. Then click on the “Sample Ballots” link.
- All Ballots – View all the ballots. You may also search for ballots by district.
Results of the Recount
Prior to certification the Board resolved two tie votes by the flip of a coin. The results of the Official Results were certified. An automatic recount was ordered as required. The results of the recount were identical to the Official results. The declared winners chosen by Lot are the elected candidates.
If more than the number of candidates to be elected to an office received the largest and an equal number of votes, such tie shall be resolved by lot by the chairman of the board in the presence of a majority of the members of the board. Such declaration shall be in writing and shall be signed by at least a majority of the members of the board. – ORC 3505.33
- Pearl J. Ward is the Declared Winning Candidate (19 votes)
- Pamela A. Jennings is the Declared Losing Candidate (19 votes)
- Sylvan Essick is the Declared Winning Candidate (25 votes)
- Temple Patton is the Declared Losing Candidate (25 votes)
Two Recounts to be held Wed May 30, 2018 @8:30 AM
Official Declared Winners In Tied Vote Races – May 8, 2018
(Chosen by Lot as required by Directive)
UOCAVA Notice – Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot
There are no anticipated issues or candidates for the August Special Election.